Thai yoga massage in Brighton great for relieving pain, smoothing out knots and improving flexibility.
It combines massage techniques, accupressure, trigger point therapy and mobilisation with the many of the benefits of yoga stretches. It is soothing as well as invigorating and can help heal many conditions. This form of massage is head to toe complete encompassing the benefits of many massage forms to make a whole that is greater than the sum of it’s parts.
I’ve listed many of the benefits of Thai Yoga Massage below with links to relevent studies.
- “The potential benefits of massage could be useful to a broad spectrum of individuals including the elderly, those suffering from musculoskeletal injuries and patients with chronic inflammatory disease. This study provides evidence that manipulative therapies, such as massage, may be justifiable in medical practice.” (link)
- Stimulates immune system and reduces cortisol, the stress hormone (link)
- Acute and sub-acute pain reduction – better than usual medical care! (link)
- Relief from chronic back pain (link)
- Reconnect with body and develop emotional resilience (link)
- Stress reduction (link)
- Reduces blood pressure (link)
- Reduces depression (link)
- Neck mobilisation helps whiplash recovery (link)
- Improved mood state and better tolerance to pain (link)
- Relief of pain, physical and emotional distress as well as improvement in quality of life (link)
- Relief from chronic neck pain – (link)
- Long term relief from lower back pain (link)
- Reduce pain and speed up recovery after exercise (link)
- Reduces inflammation (link) (link)
- Reducing tension headaches (link)
- Light touch increases oxytocin, the contentment/love hormone, decreases in adrenal corticotropin hormone, which releases cortisol (link)
- Accupresure – reduction in acute and sub-acute back and neck – (link)
- Aids healing from injuries (link)
- Trigger point therapy – pressing those perfect spots and releasing muscle knots (link)
- Lowers sympathetic (stress) nervous system and increases parasympathetic (relaxing) nervous system (link)
- £30 - 30 min tune up!
- £50 - 60 mins
- £65 - 90 mins
- £85 - 120 mins
Massages take place in the treatment rooms of Alive Gym and Evolution Arts.